According to the latest research report published in the Journal of the American Dental Association (ADA), poor oral/dental health is identified as a risk factor for overall health as the health of your teeth, gum and mouth has a great effect on your overall well-being.
Here's how dental health affects your overall health:
- An unhealthy mouth increases the risk of many serious health issues such as Endocarditis - inflammation of your heart’s inner lining. When bacteria from your mouth spread throughout your body, it ...
During the impacted wisdom teeth removal procedure, your dentist will:
- Make an incision in your gum tissue to expose the infected tooth and bone
- Remove the bone that is blocking access to the root
- Divide the tooth into sections so that it becomes easier to remove in pieces
- Remove the wisdom tooth
- Clean the area of the removed tooth
- Stitch the wound, if necessary
- Place gauze over the extraction area to stop bleeding and help a blood clot form
Wisdom teeth removal becomes essential to prevent dental ...
A perfect smile goes a long way to boost your self confidence. Dental problems such as stained and damaged teeth or undesirable gaps between your teeth, can take away your peace of mind and render you with low confidence level. Teeth veneers are the most effective methods that can take care of these issues and provide you with your desired visual appearance.
Teeth veneers or dental veneers are mainly thin ceramic shells made from super fine porcelain or composite resin. They are used to layer the front portion of your teeth ...
Facial and dental injuries are very upsetting because they’re not only physically painful but it also hurts emotionally. Facial injuries affect your appearance which can decrease your confidence level. In this article we have listed the most common causes of facial and dental injuries as well as a few helpful tips to avoid such occurrences. The article also covers the best treatments available to address the trauma from serious facial injuries and oral damages.
Let’s have a look at the causes of facial trauma and oral damage:
Sometimes we ...
It is quite common in the US to see people suffering from problems in their jaw joints which are popularly known as temporomandibular disorders (TMDs). It is very uncomfortable and painful. Doctors often recommend the Botox treatment ease discomfort.
Botox is given in small doses which helps in alleviating some health problems and have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for a few disorders.
Dental experts are still not sure about the effects of Botox in relieving TMD pain and apart from that, there are other risks as well which ...