Losing one or more teeth can make eating and speaking difficult. Having a full set of dentures will eliminate many of the problems this situation can cause. A set of full dental implants is extremely beneficial and will help in preventing bone loss in the long run. With suitable care and proper cleaning, you can keep your dental implants looking their best for many years to come.
How to Clean Full Dental Implants
Maintaining clean full dental implants is easy if you understand how they are made. Unlike your natural teeth, dental implants are much narrower at the base. This means that more food can get trapped between each tooth. Here are some essential tips to clean full dental implants:
- Water Flosser or Dental Pick: Instead of merely flossing as you would generally do for your natural teeth, you should use a water flosser or dental pick that shoots water in between the teeth to get rid of the retained food.
- ADA Approved Mouthwash: It’s also important to use an ADA approved mouthwash to get into places where other tools may miss to clean the food particles.
- Electric toothbrushes: Electric toothbrushes are also recommended for effectively removing any film that might develop on the surface of the implants.
- Peroxyl and Warm Salt Water: For soft-tissue swelling rinse with Peroxyl and warm salt water for the next couple of days. If swelling continues, visit your dentist.
What Are the Advantages of Full Dental Implants?
Full dental implants offer many benefits, including:
- They help in supporting the jaw bone
- Give your mouth the look and feel of having your natural teeth
- It is much easier to eat without having to worry about them shifting or coming loose
- The high success rate of dental implants results in a higher quality of life
- Over time, facial harmony is restored
- You can speak without the fear of your dentures causing you problems
- Full dental implants can save both time and money in the long run
What Type of Maintenance Is Needed for Dental Implants?
In contrast to bridges or dentures, cleaning and maintaining dental implants like the All-on-4 implant is much more straightforward. Actually, you should care for them the same way you care for your original teeth. It is crucial to observe good oral hygiene before, during, and after your full dental implant placement to retain the health of the implant.
With proper care, dental implants will restore the appropriate form and function of your mouth. Once your implants are in place, your orthodontist will guide you on how to care for and clean your full dental implants properly. They will educate you about the tools that produce the best results in removing food debris and keeping your mouth fresh and clean.
Also Read: Dental Implants: Procedure and Recovery
Reign Dental is one of the most sought after dental care providers in Seattle area to offer complete dental care. We are among a few dental clinics that provide a wide range of dentistry services including oral & maxillofacial surgery, TMJ treatment, Botox, orthodontics, periodontics and all other advanced dental solutions. Highly professional dentists working with us specialize in dental implants, bone grafting, smile makeover and oral surgery. We are well-known for our safe and patient-specific care approach. We offer affordable and quality dental care services. We make sure that our customers walk out of our clinic with a big beautiful smile.