During the impacted wisdom teeth removal procedure, your dentist will:
- Make an incision in your gum tissue to expose the infected tooth and bone
- Remove the bone that is blocking access to the root
- Divide the tooth into sections so that it becomes easier to remove in pieces
- Remove the wisdom tooth
- Clean the area of the removed tooth
- Stitch the wound, if necessary
- Place gauze over the extraction area to stop bleeding and help a blood clot form
Wisdom teeth removal becomes essential to prevent dental complications and problems that might damage your other healthy teeth. At our Reign Dental offices located in the Shoreline, Seattle and Milton, WA, you can get your wisdom teeth removed with ease and comfort. The wisdom teeth removal process takes around 45 minutes or less. Your dentist or oral surgeon will use anesthesia either local, general or IV sedation so that you don’t feel the pain during the removal process. An impacted wisdom tooth is usually very painful and the removal procedure has a few additional steps to treat the affected bone and gums.
Wisdom Teeth Recovery Tips
Here are some recovery tips you should consider for the first 3 days after wisdom teeth removal:
- Use an ice pack to reduce swelling
- Exercise your jaw by gently opening and closing your mouth
- Eat soft foods, don’t eat hard or sticky foods
- Drink plenty of water or fluids, but don’t use a straw
- Brush your teeth gently the second day
- Rinse your mouth gently with saltwater, don’t rinse it harshly
- Take the drugs prescribed by your dentist to ease swelling or pain
- Don’t smoke as it can slow down your healing process
- Call your dentist if you get a fever or your pain or swelling does not get improved
You will feel little or no pain after the removal. However, you will have some swelling and discomfort for 2-3 days. So, we advise you follow your dentist’s recommendations and certain dietary guidelines for a quick recovery.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost
The cost of removing a wisdom tooth depends on a number of factors such as the number of teeth affected, positioning of the teeth, the type of anesthesia used and the level of impaction that will be unique in each case. During the initial consultation, your dentist will review your X-rays, do a complete examination and determine which type of anesthesia to use, before giving you an exact estimate. Dental insurance coverage for a wisdom teeth removal varies by the insurance policy and provider. Please call our Milton office at (253) 927-5501 or our Shoreline office at (206) 946-6471 to ask your queries.
You can also schedule a free consultation by filling an online appointment form for wisdom teeth removal at our Reign Dental offices near Shoreline, Seattle, and Milton, WA. We understand and care about your needs. Our goal at Reign Dental is to make quality dental care affordable and provide treatment in an environment where you feel safe, comfortable and welcome.
Reign Dental is one of the most sought after dental care providers in Seattle area to offer complete dental care. We are among a few dental clinics that provide a wide range of dentistry services including oral & maxillofacial surgery, TMJ treatment, Botox, orthodontics, periodontics and all other advanced dental solutions. Highly professional dentists working with us specialize in dental implants, bone grafting, smile makeover and oral surgery. We are well-known for our safe and patient-specific care approach. We offer affordable and quality dental care services. We make sure that our customers walk out of our clinic with a big beautiful smile.